Total de visualizações de página

segunda-feira, 13 de setembro de 2010

My will

    "If one day a doctor says that my brain has ceased to function, my life has stopped, do not introduce artificial life into my body by the use of a machine.
    If that moment comes, gives my sight to the man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby`s face or love in the eyes of a woman. Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but days of a pain. Give my kidneys to one who depends a machine to exist from week to week. Take my blood, my bones, every muscle and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.
    Explore every corner of my brain. Take my cells, if necessary, and let them grow so that, some day, a speechless boy will be able to shout as his team scores a goal and deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her window.
    Burn what is left of me and throw the ashes to the wind.
    If you really want to bury something, let it be my faults, my weakness and everything wrong I have done.
    Give my sins to the devil. Give my soul to God.
    If you should wish to remember me, help someone who needs you.
    If you do all I have asked, I will live forever" .

ESTE TEXTO PERTENCE A UM LIVRO DE INGLÊS (DA ÉPOCA EM QUE EU ESTAVA NA ESCOLA, EM 1995). INFELIZMENTE, NÃO ME RECORDO O NOME.    

SEGUE A TRADUÇÃO...

    Se um dia um médico disser que meu cérebro parou de funcionar, minha vida parou, não introduza uma vida artificial em meu corpo através de uma máquina.
    Se esse momento vier, dê minha visão para o homem que nunca tenha visto um pôr do sol, um rosto de bebê ou o amor nos olhos de uma mulher. Dê meu coração para uma pessoa a qual o coração não tenha causado nada além de dias de sofrimento. Dê meus rins para alguém que depende de uma máquina para existir de semana a semana. Tire meu sangue, meus ossos, todos os músculos e nervos do meu corpo e ache um jeito de fazer uma criança aleijada andar.
    Explore cada canto do meu cérebro. Tire minhas células, se necessário, e deixe-as crescer até que algum dia, um garoto mudo possa ser capaz de gritar quando seu time fizer um gol e uma menina surda possa ouvir o som da chuva contra sua janela.
    Queime o que sobrar de mim e jogue as cinzas ao vento.
    Se você realmente quiser enterrar alguma coisa, deixe (enterre) meus defeitos, minhas fraquezas e todas as coisas erradas que eu tenha feito. 
    Dê meus pecados para o diabo. Dê minha alma para Deus.
    Se você desejar lembrar de mim, ajude alguém que precise de você.
    Se você fizer tudo que pedi, viverei para sempre.

7 comentários:

  1. O livro é "On Stage 3", páginas 23/24, Ensino Médio de Amadeu Marques, um dos melhores autores de livros didáticos do Brasil.

    My Will
    One day a doctor will determine that my brain has ceased to function and that, for all intents and purposes, my life has stopped. When that happens, I want you to read my will.
    When my hour comes, do not introduce artificial life into my body by the use of a machine. I want you to give my sight to a man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby`s face or love in the eyes of a woman. Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of a pain. Give my blood to a teenager who was pulled from the wrekage of his car, so that he might live to see his grandchildren play. Give my kidneys to one who depends a machine to exist from week to week. Take my bones, every muscle, every fiber and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.
    Explore every corner of my brain. Take my cells, if necessary, and let them grow so that, some day, a speechless boy will be able to shout as his team scores a goal and a deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her window.
    Burn what is left of me and scatter the ashes to the winds to help the flowers grow.
    If you really want to bury something, let it be my faults, my weaknesses, and all prejudice against my fellow man.
    Give my sins to the devil. Give my soul to God.
    If you wish to remember me, do it with a kind deed or word to someone who needs you.
    If you do all I have asked, I will live forever.


    (Slightly adapted from “To Remember Me”, an essay written by Robert Noel Test in 1976, published in The Cincinnati Post na reprinted in Reader’s Digest, available at www.organdonorawareness.org/ [accessed December 2008])

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Estudei com este livro num Colégio em São Paulo.
    Nunca me esqueci.
    Excelente.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Estudei este livro, com o saudoso Professor Antônio Pimenta ,no Colégio Arnaldo em BH nos anos 80

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Muito bom
    Me lembrou o Colégio Prof Guálter da Silva em São Paulo.

    ResponderExcluir